Official Request to open communications

For our welcomed guests and emissaries from other fleets.

Moderator: Command Staff

Capt. Lynn
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Official Request to open communications

Post by Capt. Lynn » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:46 am

To the Ambassador of 9th Fleet,

Greetings from the Ninth Fleet! My name is Captain James R. Lynn, I am the Chief Ambassador for the Ninth and it is my wish to open communications with your fleet in order that we may begin a friendly relashonship. In the future we would like to assign a liassion officer with your fleet so that we can cordinate our fleets and help one another in the game.
For further information and discussion on this topic write me at captlynn773@yahoo.com

F9thRyker
Captain
Captain

Post by F9thRyker » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:04 pm

First, let me welcome you to the forums - always good to meet someone new!

As for Star Trek Online, we're still watching and waiting for further developments. There have been efforts in the past between us and other fleets to try and 'train' for Star Trek- Online, but its hard to train for something we havent seen yet! :)

One thing I will say though, is although we dont make formal pacts or treaties, we make friends instead. Friends become more willing to help each other out as and when needed, and get into the spirit of teamwork and co-operation and the 'love of the game', rather than a piece of paper like the UN in the 1960's 8)

On that note, I'd like to invite you to get to know us as a fleet. Have a drink and a chat, let us all get to know each other, and we can go from there! We currently play Starfleet Command OP and 3, Bridge Commander and various other games if you fancy a bar and grill session or dynaverse campaign, and we have a teamspeak server - if one of the other 9th officers could post it here, I'd be grateful.

So to conclude - we should have a drink, get to know each other, play a few games and have a few laughs, and take it from there! (Man, I sound like a dating agency lol!)

Cheers,
F9thRyker
Rgds
F9thRyker

Sharpe
Admiral - Retired

Post by Sharpe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:17 pm

I believe, by nature of our two organizations, we are destined to have a close and unique relationship.

We look forward to the opportunity to have such friends.

Admrial Borguce
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by Admrial Borguce » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:03 pm

Greetings,

I just wanted to stop by and thank Admiral Sharpe, and Commoder Centurus for stopping by our forums. I look forward working towards are shared goals!
Admiral Borguce
Starfleet Command
Executive Officer; Ninth Fleet
U.S.S Sigma
NCC 84578

F9thCenturus
Extra in a Red Shirt
Extra in a Red Shirt

Post by F9thCenturus » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Anytime. Hopefully this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

That reminds me, I should pull out my copy of Casablanca and watch it again. It's an excellent movie.

Admrial Borguce
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Post by Admrial Borguce » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:40 pm

F9thCenturus wrote:That reminds me, I should pull out my copy of Casablanca and watch it again. It's an excellent movie.
That was an outstanding movie!
Admiral Borguce
Starfleet Command
Executive Officer; Ninth Fleet
U.S.S Sigma
NCC 84578

F9thCenturus
Extra in a Red Shirt
Extra in a Red Shirt

Post by F9thCenturus » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Admrial Borguce wrote:
F9thCenturus wrote:That reminds me, I should pull out my copy of Casablanca and watch it again. It's an excellent movie.
That was an outstanding movie!
A couple years ago I was taking an art class that was actually a film class in disguise. History Of Motion Pictures.

We would sit and watch movies of the professor's choice after about an hour and a half of lecture. It was a night class.

Anyway, the paper we had to do was to select a movie, get it approved by the professor, unless of course it was a movie we saw in class in which case no approval was necessary, and the analyze a scene in the movie, and dissect it.

I chose the scene in Casablanca where you see Bogart's character drunk in his cantina after Ingrid Bergman's charater just came back into his life.