Greetings!

Office of the 9th fleet recruitment officer! Applications to join go in the Applications Subforum.
CAPTCHA: NX-59650

Moderator: Command Staff

zerosandones
Extra in a Blue Shirt
Extra in a Blue Shirt

Greetings!

Post by zerosandones » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:29 am

Hello all, looking forward to joining the Ninth Fleet! A little about myself... well, I 'm a Network Analyst out of SC, and I don't game nearly as much as I used to, but a friend of mine got me sucked back into STO recently. I've only got one character on there, a Federation Rear Admiral, Lower Half. Mainly made it there just messing around, I don't really play MMO's, I've always been an FPS guy - but this one's fun :)

I was briefly in another fleet, couldn't tell you the name because it was just some random request I accepted because why not. Didn't really get anything out of it because there wasn't a lot of communication happening, so it was really pretty pointless. I've really only played the PvE in STO, but I'm curious to try some space-based PvP, mainly for fun.

What I'd really like to get out of this fleet is the benefit of others' experience. I'm straight n00b in a lot of ways, I don't delve into the in-depth strategies and detailed minutiae of the game. I'm just here to play and have fun, and I don't have a lot of time in which to do it. So I don't know the benefits of phasers vs disruptors vs polaron, or why I should use this type of rifle over that type, or the best sequence of skills to cultivate, etc etc. But I wouldn't be adverse to guidance if offered ;) I'd also be interested in more of a team effort than I got out of the last fleet, even if it were only with the people I know personally already. Anything would be better than the "fleet in name only" I was in before.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all, I'm @z3r0sand0n3s in-game, my only character right now is Koyun :)

Sharpe
Admiral - Retired

Re: Greetings!

Post by Sharpe » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:47 pm

Welcome,

an administrator will sort you out shortly.

F9thIntercity125
Admiral
Admiral

Post by F9thIntercity125 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Welcome to the Ninth Fleet, oh great binary man :mrgreen:
I am Commodore Gadget, Director of Personnel. Application accepted! Enjoy your time here and if you have any problems within STO, don't hesitate to ask the division commanders. We have a lot of help also available on the STO Subforum here, so be sure to keep checking and posting! Any other issues, my office is always open, just send me a PM.

This fleet is all about teamwork, we wouldn't still be around after 14 years if we didn't work together! I am sure you're going to fit right in!

apollox
Commander
Commander

Post by apollox » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Welcome to the best fleet in STO.